This is an ultimate feel-good cookie, great at anytime of the year. Melt in your mouth delicious and an inifinite number of filling possibilities...what more could you ask for? This is a personal favorite from our instructor Rachel.
4 cups all purpose flour
1 pound cream cheese
1 pound cold butter
heavy pinch of salt
fillings vary (see step 4)
1. Add all ingredients into a 5 qt stand mixer with hook attachment. Mix until just combined.
2. Divide into 4 (if you want larger cookies) or 6 (if you want smaller cookies). Sqish flat and wrap discs of dough individually. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
3. Roll out discs of dough until 1/8" thick circles.
4. Filling: this can be absolutely anything you want! Spread thinly over whole surface of dough.
- Rachel's personal favorite is a thin layer of apricot preserves and a heavy coating of cinnamon cardamom sugar
- any jam on its own is delightful
- addition of chocolate chips, or nuts
- you could even do cinnamon roll filling
5. Cut dough rounds into wedges like pizza. 8 for small circles and 12 for the larger ones. Roll each wedge up starting from the wide edge and ending at the point (will look like a tiny croissant).
6. Place on a parchment lined baking tray, chill for at least 30 minutes before baking!
7. Glaze the top of each cookie with a small amount of heavy cream (optional: add a sprinkle of turbinado sugar for some crunch). Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until just barely golden brown.